April 23, 2014

Wishing William Shakespeare a Happy 450!


The spring season is firing along on all cylinders. Six shows are opening this week. The Outer Critics Circle announced its nominations yesterday (click here to see them), the Drama League list comes out today and the Tony nods are due next Tuesday. So there's a lot to talk about but what kind of theater lover would I be if I didn't take time out to acknowledge the momentous event of the 450th anniversary of Shakespeare’s birth today.

I’m not going to pretend that I have anything new to say about the Bard but lots of other people seem to and I've been collecting pieces they've posted over the last few weeks. You can see them all in “All The World’s A Stage,” a Flipboard magazine I put together to celebrate the occasion and that you can find by clicking here.

No comments: