March 12, 2011

Saying Happy 65th Birthday to Liza Minnelli

Bill Eppridge/TIME & LIFE Pictures,
Life’s other demands have gotten in the way of my writing here and so I am again missing my regular Saturday morning posting deadline. But I’m hoping to post later this weekend and so instead of turning on the ghost light, I thought it would be fun to put up this mini-post to join in the celebration for Liza Minnelli’s 65th birthday today. 

The picture here is a “never-before-seen” photo that Life magazine has released showing Liza back in 1965 when she was just 19 and rehearsing for her Broadway debut in Flora, The Red Menace, her first collaboration with John Kander and Fred Ebb.  

 As anyone who has followed the star’s career knows, it hasn’t been easy for her to get to 65.  So, Happy Birthday, Liza.  The rest of you can click here to see 15 more Liza pictures in the Life photo gallery.

No comments: