February 14, 2007

Curtain-Raiser

If you’ve found this blog, then you already know about Broadway and you probably want to know more about it, like what’s playing, who’s playing, how they’re playing, what’s worth your paying to see, and what people are saying about it all. And now you may want to know a little about me. Well, I saw my first Broadway show over 40 years ago when I was 12. A girl in my class had gotten tickets from someone her mother knew and she invited me. I liked the show, Mary Mary, more than she did. In fact, I loved it. I now know it wasn’t that great a show but I still love it. I’ve seen thousands of shows since then (including a few from the wings and even one from the orchestra pit, a wedding gift from my husband K, a Broadway pit musician) and I love them too. Even the bad ones. I am happiest when I am sitting in a theater. Or when I’m talking about theater. Or reading about theater. Or now blogging about it. If you’re reading this, you love theater too and I hope you’ll keep me company as I blog my way through this Broadway season.

No comments: